Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Chocolate Avocado Cookies with Peanut Butter Chips


These cookies.  They include all my favorite food items.  Avocado.  Coconut oil.  Peanut Butter Chips!  And, in cookie form?  And their are relatively healthy?!  You're waiting for the catch... but there just isn't one this time.

My sweet friend who was over last night sharing a meal, grabbed my arm, and with chocolate on the sides of her mouth, looked into my eyes and said "Noelle, I'm not saying this lightly, but these might be my favorite cookies of all time."  

I found inspiration for these at yummyhealthyeasy.com  My recipe is slightly different based on what I had on hand.  Plus, sometimes chocolate on chocolate can be a little boring, so I threw some peanut butter chips in there.  It was the PERFECT idea.



  • Chocolate Avocado Cookies with Peanut Butter Chips

2 ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tsp. baking soda
½ tsp. salt
¼ cup brown sugar
¾ cup granulated sugar
⅓ cup coconut oil, melted
½ cup avocado, mashed or pureed in the food processor
3 egg whites
2 tsp. vanilla extract
½ cup dark chocolate chips
½ cup peanut butter chips


Fair warning- these cookies need 1 HOUR chill time before cooking, so you can wait on heating the oven.

In one bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt.

In another bowl, mix together brown sugar, white sugar and melted coconut oil.

Add mashed avocado.  These two favorite fats are a match made in heaven.

Beat in egg WHITES and vanilla on low.  Need something to do with your yokes?  Try my favorite Caesar dressing.  

Lastly mix in dry ingredient mixture and chips.  Cover and refrigerate 1 hour.

Then heat oven to 300 degrees.  Scoop cookies into desired shape on parchment paper.  NOTE: cookies will come out looking just like the form they are in pre-cooked.  Bake 17 minutes.


Slightly crunchy outside with perfectly chewy inside.  I told you I wouldn't blog them if they were anything less than what I was hoping for.  These are a knock out.  And you don't even have to "warn" people that they are healthy.  They taste too good to even cause doubt!

No comments:

Post a Comment