Monday, November 10, 2014

Day Off Banana Pancakes

Banana Pancakes... quintessential to a day off.  And these must be consumed in your pajamas.  They taste better that way.  Monday is our day off, so I finally decided to get this recipe to you.

My husband decided to start making this "pancake making tradition" happen when possible.  He typically lets me do most of the cooking (as I tend to enjoy that sort of thing) but he took it upon himself to find the perfect pancake recipe from scratch.  Of course, I couldn't stay completely out of it.  


After about 10 versions, we are here to share the Ritter's day off pancake recipe!

I personally love the almond milk with the coconut oil in this recipe.  If you don't have banana, they are wonderful without as well.  Enjoy!


Day Off Banana Pancakes 

(makes about 12 small-medium sized pancakes)

1 cup all purpose flour

1 tbls sugar

2 tsp baking powder

1 cup almond or coconut milk

2 tbls melted unsalted butter 

1 lrg egg

1 tbls coconut oil (melted or in liquid form), 

1 ripe mashed banana

Real maple syrup and sliced bananas for topping

Extra coconut oil or butter for the pan to cook the pancakes in


Heat your pan!  Medium heat.  This was something I taught Chris recently.  So easy to get caught up on ingredients and measuring that you forget this step and have to wait another 5-10 minutes.  I love my cast-iron pan for pancakes.

Mix all the ingredients together with a whisk.  Oil or butter your pan.  Use a small ladle or measuring cup to pour batter into the hot pan.


Just a couple minutes each side should bring up little bubbles to the top.  That's when you know it's time to flip!


Serve immediately with bananas and REAL maple syrup.  Did I mention REAL?  It's totally worth it.


Fall is here.  My persimmon tree decided the season was in full swing just this weekend!


These cakes will have you begging for more!  


No comments:

Post a Comment