Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Turkey Avocado and Parmesan Burgers

It's another Turkey Burger recipe just in time for grilling season!


Whenever I ask my husband for inspiration "hon, what do you want for dinner?" 95% of the time the answer is the same.  "How about burgers?"  He says it so excitedly as if he didn't suggest it just a few days prior.  Now, I'm no burger hater, you should know that by now.  But I try to keep things creative and on the healthier side, so most of the time I roll my eyes and tell him thanks for the help and resort to my main dish boards on Pinterest, promising him that we will eventually have burgers, just not every other night.  Such a meat man.  We balance each other out.  

So when I came across this idea to add avocado to the turkey burger patties, I thought- now THIS I LIKE!  A little lighter, leaner, a healthy fat to bind it and some Parmesan cheese to add some flavor.  Honey, strike up the grill!  A big thanks to Sometimes, Always, Never for the original idea.  I went ahead and played with the seasonings to my liking as you'll see below.

Turkey Avocado and Parmesan Burgers
Makes about 4-5 patties

1 lb. ground turkey (I used 93% lean)
1/2 of a ripe avocado, mashed
1/2 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
1 tsp dried minced onion
1 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper

Buns of your choice
Top with cheese, lettuce, onion and pickle


Combine all ingredients in a bowl and incorporate together with clean hands.  Form into 4-5 patties.


We are toasted bun people.  My husband always requests Hawaiian bread.  I never get it.  Sweet white bread is for special occasions in our house.  But... I saw these little buns and decided to bless him.  It's the little things when food is your love language.  


See how happy he is?  That's because of the Hawaiian bread buns.  Well, and the burgers... pssst, don't tell him how much healthier they are!  And no, that's not my child reaching for the raw meat!  gahhhh!


Grill the burgers 8-9 min, or until full cooked.  Put the cheese on in the last minute for melty goodness.  Tip with the turkey burgers... make sure your grill grates are clean.  I find these burgs like to stick to the grate a little more than regular ground beef.  We toasted our buns a little much too this particular time.  Sometimes that's what happens when you are chasing a one year old while cooking.

Happy grilling.  And enjoy these burgs.  They are SO YUMMY!

2 comments:

  1. Just made this for my inlaws tonight! OH SOOO GOOOOOD!!!! Thank you for sharing Noelle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you enjoyed Andi! I'm making them again on Thursday! My mouth is watering!

      Delete